BULLDOG PRIDE FUND SURPASSES $300,000 IN TOTAL DONATIONS
Jan 07, 2014
The Bulldog Pride Fund is an endowed scholarship that was established under the auspices of the Fresno State Alumni Association in 2006 with one simple mission: “To support students attending Fresno State.”
“We are pleased and proud to have surpassed a major milestone in our short history,” exclaimed Peter Robertson, three-time Fresno State graduate and founder. “Bulldog Pride Fund donors have been extremely generous in their continued support and it’s made all of the difference in achieving our long-lasting success.”
Today, the Bulldog Pride Fund endowment provides six annual scholarships of $2,000 each and will distribute a total of $12,000 this fall:
• Bulldog Pride Fund – two annual awards of $2,000 each to students demonstrating academic achievement, financial need and volunteer service to the community;
• ASI President’s Award – annual award of $2,000 to the student elected as President of the Associated Students, Inc.;
• GSA Network Award – annual award of $2,000 to a student affiliated with the GSA Network;
• Harvey Milk Hope Award – annual award of $2,000 to a student enrolled in the Humanics Certificate Program; and
• TimeOut Spirit Award – annual award of $2,000 to the student that performs as Fresno State’s mascot.
Applications for Bulldog Pride Fund scholarships to be awarded in the 2014-15 academic year are currently being accepted online. Details: www.bulldogpride.org. Deadline to apply is Feb. 28, 2014.
“Donors can make a direct impact on the life of a Fresno State student by supporting theBulldog Pride Fund,” continued Robertson. “We offer the opportunity to make a sincere and long-lasting difference by helping to transform our scholars’ educational dreams into a reality.”
Total donations, as of January 7, 2014, are $300,081. By next fall, the Bulldog Pride Fund will have awarded 34 scholarships valued at $61,000.
# # #
GIVE TODAY. FOR TOMORROW AND BEYOND. • www.bulldogpride.org
Get the 10 most recent items from our RSS feed.